Hi there! We will study different business processes and their implementation in Microsoft Dynamics AX (Axapta) so we should have one data to work with.
In this training lesson, we will create a new company in Microsoft Dynamics AX and import demo data to it.
Create new company
- Go to Administration > Common Forms > Company accounts. The Company form opens
- Create a new record by pressing CTRL+N. In the Company accounts field, type AXT and in the Name of company accounts field, type Dynamics AX Training.
- Save the record by pressing CTRL+S.
Good, now our new AXT company is ready to work in.
Switch to AXT company:
- Click the current company icon located in the bottom right corner of the status bar. The Select company accounts form opens.
- Select AXT company, and then click OK.
Microsoft Dynamics AX will change the company from DAT to AXT.
Tip: When you log in into Microsoft Dynamics AX, next time, you need to change the company from DAT to AXT again. You can set up another default company that will always open when you start Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Let’s set up the AXT company as a default company:
- Click the Microsoft Dynamics AX menu button and then click Tools > Options…
- The Options form opens. On the General tab, find the Start company accounts field and select AXT company from the drop-down list. Close the form.
Import demo data.
- Download demo file and definition file. Extract and save these files in one folder on your local computer.
- Return to Microsoft Dynamics AX. Make sure that the current company is AXT. Go to Administration > Periodic > Data export/import > Import. The Import options form opens.
- In the File name field, enter the path to the downloaded demo file. Click OK.
The process may take up to 10 minutes. When import is finished, the Infolog message appears stating that the file has been imported.
That’s all! Our new AXT company with demo data is now created.
Let’s continue creating our first item and discussing why some fields in the Item form are mandatory and what they are used for.